- Search and Rescue – SARA is tasked by the Coastguard, Fire, Police and Ambulance services across its operational area to provide Search and Rescue services 24/7, 365 days of the year. They work closely with other rescue agencies such as RAF Search & Rescue.
- Inshore Lifeboats – SARA’s lifeboats are tasked by the coastguard to incidents in and around the Severn Estuary or by Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue Services to the rivers Severn, Avon, Wye, Monnow, Ebbw, Bristol Avon and Usk.
- Swiftwater Rescue – SARA has a number of Swiftwater Rescue Technicians, who specialise in the rescue of endangered persons from fast moving and flood water incidents.
- Land Search – SARA has trained Search Technicians that are often deployed on search and rescue operations, usually to search for missing persons. SARA is a member of Mountain Rescue England and Wales.
- Flooding Support – The work undertaken by SARA during the 2007 floods in Gloucestershire highlighted the importance of local flood support and SARA’s abilities in this area.
Registered Charity No 505504.